Speed Reading App Spritz Takes Eye Scrolling Out of Equation

A new app called Spritz wants to reduce the time it takes to read regular reading material.

The company calls the reading process spritzing.

By taking out the most time consuming part of reading, eye scrolling, spritzing allows an individual the opportunity to read up to 1000 words per minute.

According to research performed by Spritz over the past three years, when reading, only around 20% of your time is spent processing content. The remaining 80% is spent physically moving your eyes from word to word and scanning for the next [Optimal Recognition Point].

The Blog portion of Spritz’s website explains that the placement of the word is key. Each word isn’t simply centered in the Spritz box. Rather, it’s placed optimally so that as little eye-movement is needed as possible. The only thing that limits comprehension at that point is if your personal cognitive ability to recognize words and process their meaning.

See how fast you can read with Spritz:

250 words per minute

Designed to help you read faster by keeping your concentration on one word at a time - Imgur

350 Words Per Minute

oo2oOpm - Imgur

500 Words Per Minute

56tvOUK - Imgur

In the past week they have showed more then a million people how to read electronic text through Samsung Gear devices according to their website.

Though they currently have a connection with Samsung, Spritz is still looking to further their app onto other mobile devices and wearables by hiring app developers to produce systems for all mobile carrier apps.

In the future, Spritz could be used to read from a cell phone, tablet, or maybe even google glass soon enough.


2 thoughts on “Speed Reading App Spritz Takes Eye Scrolling Out of Equation

  1. It gave me a headache. It would be like flashing lights might need a warning could trigger migraine headaches.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s